Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Saturday, March 22, 2008

BACK FROM THE EDGE

Oh. My. Goodness. I think I'm finally in the clear! That is to say, I've been SO sick, but it feels like I might be on the other end of the worst of it. *whew* That was pretty bad. I mean, I'm still pregnant, and I still have to be careful, but we can move on now. I don't know if I've ever been that miserable in Trimester One before. Of course, this one is still terribly fresh in my mind, and all the other ones are in the foggy, poorly-documented past, so I won't ever be able to make an accurate comparison, but I don't really care and I am sure no one else does, either. The point is, I survived, and I actually can wrap my brain around a blog post. Thank you all for your patience. :)

Last night, Mark and I went to the Winter Quarters Temple for date night.
(yeah, I wish it was as green as it is in that picture...) We went with my sister and her husband. We did our level best, but ended up late for our session, so we did sealings instead. I have to say, I can't think of a better way to spend a date than holding hands and staring into each other's eyes and saying "yes" over and over again. Liz and Tony got kind of giggly. And after our hour of sealings, the sealer - who is actually someone from our old stake, who remembers us from before we were married, which was sweet - said we could go into the Celestial Room if we wanted. It was empty except for us. How nice it was to just sit there, and not be in a hurry to get on to the next thing or head for home and save the babysitter. As cliche as it sounds, it really was heavenly. Then, of course, we had to go to dinner before I fell over, since I'm a whiny pregnant lady. Tradition dictates that we go to Golden Corral. All trips to the temple must end in dinner at Golden Corral. I'm not sure when it started, but I am a slave to tradition! And I can have ALL THE SALAD I WANT. he he he.
Tradition also dictates that just before we leave the restaurant, I have to get a whole bowlful of gummy bears from the dessert bar, wrap them up in a napkin, stick them in my pocket (actually Mark's suit coat pocket this time, since I didn't have any), and take them home to the kids. If we ever DON'T go to Golden Corral, I'd have to stop and get gummy bears, or the children would not let me in the door. It is expected, after all.

4 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

sooo glad you're doing better! first trimesters are no fun, that is for sure! glad you're out the other side. when are you due again?

Jan said...

I was so happy to see something new here -- which meant that things are improving. Good news for sure - -it's so hard when you're feeling so yukky. Glad you're on the other end of that now!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Glad to hear that you are felling better!

Aaron and Melissa said...

How are you feeling? You updated almost 2 months ago, letting us all know that you were feeling better... but then we haven't heard anything since... Hope you're doing well :) Oh- and I LOVE the Winter Quarters Temple (per your last post). I love the amazing spirit I feel just on the grounds there. It is awesome just to go and be there where the saints once were!!