Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Episode II: To Alex, with Love

The mail came today, and joy of joys, Yvette had another letter from Alex. I was working on (a very late) breakfast at the time, but I dusted off my hands and read it to her. On the outside of the envelope was a little note that said, " I gave you stickers". Sure enough, Yvy was thrilled to find four star stickers inside for her.

To see the first installment in this saga, go here.

Dear Yvy,

I named my kitten Sahara. Her friend is the orange kitten that is scared of us & shy. Sahara looks like a cat, but grey & black.

I had a tank firework. It shoot off in the sky. I liked waving fireworks too.
(Is it just me, or are sparklers a childhood requirement for celebrating the 4th of July?)

I have a super house and a super bed, it's really cool. My tent is made out of sheets with Spiderman.

My bike is a rocket one. Daddy fixed Anthony's bike. It has a bell, and it makes me sad, 'cause I don't have a bell on my rocket bike, but my bike has a rocket on it. When I ride my bike I put on my helmet, and gloves, and suit, and turn my key, and they have green flames and green fire on them, but I'm only pretending.

I like fireworks popping in the sky, do you?

I like that you have two stairs. They are really cool!

I like that you're good. I love to do good things. I don't like to make Heavenly Father sad, 'cause that makes him cry, and I go to time out.

I climb trees, but little ones, not big ones. I get really high up in them and I can see way up high. If I was in a big tree I could see you.

I liked playing with you at Nana's house. Tell your mom to come back, 'cause I really like my Yvy and we should have the same house, 'cause you are my friend for a long time and I like playing with you and your two stairs. I like your house, but my house has blue and made out of wood. Your house has bricks and i want a basement too, 'cause then we look for treasure 'cause a basement is full of treasure!

Alex

Of course, Yvette was thrilled, and super-impatient to write back. I had to finish breakfast (before it became lunch, which is actually what ended up happening, sadly), so Gabba volunteered to be Yvy's scribe:

Dear Alex and I love you.
I like your letter and the other letters. I'm happy for the stickers. I'm never going to lose my sticers and never lost them either. I want to see Cooper [Alex's dog] again and tomorrow He will be awake and I hope he will be awake and I love you very much and I love Cooper but never likes how he always bites sometimes. And I like your stickers. This is a pic I drew for you.

(this is Yvy's drawing of her hedge hog toy + a "mess up"; as labeled by Gabba)

Yvyette (yup, that's how Gabba wrote it)

And then she graciously adorned the letter with one of her new stickers. Now I am helping her pick out one of our fabulous magazine-page envelopes, and we will get it in the mail, post haste! Viva Mailman Joe and the USPS!

No comments: