George & Faith doing "CTR" in sign language

Caitlin, Michael & Faith after Church
Seminary is over for the school year. Faith is graduating, and I'm going to miss her. I could always count on her to have an answer or a suggestion when the rest of the class was giving me that classic teenage blank stare. Congratulations, Faith! We ended with a volleyball-and-pizza party, and my students who came invited friends, and one boy managed to bring one of the less-active kids who SHOULD be in our Seminary but has only been twice in two years. It was awesome. The kids had a great time. And our Branch President, Pres. Bates, came and hung out with us for the pizza part of it, and got to know the visitors, and chatted with the youth.
I'm a little sad to see the year end. I learned a great deal, teaching the Old Testament this year. But I'm glad for the break, I must be truthful. I don't even know if I'll be teaching next year or not. They've not contacted me about that, yet. Also, we're a Home Study class, but I recommended to the CES coordinator that we should be Early Morning since next year all of the eligible students will be living in town. We'll see.
2 comments:
I hear you on needing the summer off with seminary. I was always ambivalent at the end of the year but managed (for 15 years, anyhow!) to love it enough to really want to go back in the fall.
I didn't know you taught seminary! Are you crazy for suggesting early morning or are you just a morning person?
Post a Comment