
Oh, and we found out last Thursday that this baby (womb name: Squid) is a boy. I had planned to take the three oldest kids to the ultrasound with us, but the van battery was dead. We didn't have enough time to jump it and still get to the appointment, so Mark and I simply put Hyrum in charge, hopped into the truck we just happened to be "car-sitting" for our friends while they were out of town, and headed to the hospital. When we got home, Hyrum saw us pulling into the driveway, and ran out to meet us. I got out, and said "boy!" He punched both fists into the air and shouted "SWEET!!!" He's waited eight years to hear me say that, I have to say. He doesn't seem to care that he'll be almost eleven before his brother is born. He didn't even seem too put out when I told him - and Gabriella - that it was high time they learned how to change diapers. Seriously, with six kids in my charge, I'm gonna need all the help I can get. After all, I learned how to change diapers when I was eight.
4 comments:
hooray! that's such great news!
not sure what happened....i left a comment and my computer freaked out....so, we are very happy for you! it is about TIME you got another boy!! :) congratulations! i am also glad you are back to blogging....i was starting to worry about you!!:)
Congratulations! I love baby boys! I think they're much easier than girls :) Glad to have you back in the blogging world!!
Yay for another boy!! Love it. And I agree - they will be great diaper-changers (and they will probably even enjoy it most of the time!)
Post a Comment