This is Tweep. Yvette introduced her to me, saying "Mommy, this is my imagination friend. HEr name is Tweep. See? She has blue eyes and a beak, and these are her arms, and these are her feet." At that moment, one of Tweep's feet fell off. This didn't faze Yvy. "See, Mommy? Tweep likes to take off her feet sometimes. I mean, they're not her feet, they are really her shoes. She likes taking off her shoes."

With seven children in the house, I try to keep a lid on the number of toys we have, because it gets out of control
so fast. I don't buy many actual toys for my kids, unless I think they will earn their place with really high play value. So, my girls make up for what I lack. Yvy and Eliza and Lucy have been building little animals out of the Legos, and calling them their "Legomon" - because they like Pokemon. Eliza also built a very convincing Lego Christmas tree, complete with ornaments and a star (sorry, no picture of that one, but it was clever). At one time, Gabba really wanted one of those
My Meebas toys, where you play the game on the canister, and then it will unlock and there is a little stuffed animal inside for you to love and adore. Of course, I wouldn't spring for it (because, yeah, we don't need ANY more stuffed animals), so she made her own. She took an empty jam jar, painted it pink, and then hot-glued some plastic gems on the outside for the game controls. Then she took a small, striped sock from the friendless sock basket (after confirming with me that it was indeed, permanently friendless). She stuffed it with batting, sewed the top shut, and stitched on button eyes and a pink smile. The sock fit nicely in the jam jar, and presto! instant homemade My Meeba.
So, I'm thinking I don't need to buy many actual toys for Christmas. Maybe another set of Legos, to augment our current supply. You know, so there are enough for everyone to make a Legomon at the same time. And probably more buttons and embroidery floss and hot glue sticks. Seriously, Gabba and Lucy would be so happy if I gave them each their own glue gun for Christmas. And a whole stocking of craft supplies. Brace yourself for an invasion of Tweeps and homemade Meebas!
2 comments:
crafting supplies sounds like an awesome Christmas gift. Especially since I know just how much your LOVE to get crafty. So glad to see you blogging again!
This is soooo cute!! Your girls ARE so inventive:) Love that pic of IVsters!!!
Post a Comment