Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Monday, March 28, 2011

What a Bunch of Cards

Our friend Lizzy is in Children's Mercy for long-term therapy and recovery after a stroke (!). So we are doing everything we can to make her stay in the world's most uncomfortable and boring bed'n'breakfast hospital more bearable.

Last Wednesday, Mark took all my stationary and such (and I have a lot of it) to the Young Women/Young Men's activity, and they made cards to send to Lizzy. Tyler (there in the back, not looking at the camera) went way above and beyond the call of duty and made a pop-up card. Awesome.


It looks like everyone got into it. Plus, they got pizza.


And the Young Women's president got the idea of stringing some of them together, which I think was cool.

I got to be the one who delivered the whole wad of cards the next day. Lizzy was so happy to be remembered. And then we hung them all over her hospital room. Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

I love this and I love these pics!!! Awesome!

Aaron and Melissa said...

What a neat idea! I love when the YW/YM are able to serve and think of others. What a great thing!!!