This hand towel is evidence of the Hand of God in our life.
God answers some of my prayers so consistently that I am guilty of forgetting He does it. We say prayers as a family at the end of (almost) every day. Starting with Daddy one night, working our way down the age totem pole to George - who needs significant guidance and generates significant giggling - everyone gets a turn.
Some parts of our family prayers are different, some parts are always there. One thing that is said pretty much every night is "...and please bless us to be safe..."
And we are protected.
One balmy afternoon (last summer, actually), the children and I were outside enjoying the weather. I was on the porch swing, and the kids were all over the yard. It was a gorgeous day, the windows were all open. For a now-forgotten reason, Gabba went into the kitchen. That's when she discovered the hand towel on fire.
Somehow - we don't know how - the stove had been turned on. Somehow - maybe the breeze from the window - the towel got flipped up onto the burner. Gabba walked in just as it was starting to burn. She didn't even stop to call for help or to panic. She simply grabbed the corner of the towel, threw it into the sink, and turned on the faucet. Way to be a hero, Gabba!
We would have never known what happened, all of us outside with no intention of going back in for quite some time. Our house would have gone up in smoke and flames.
Gabba still doesn't know why she thought she should go inside. But I do. God answered our prayer. He kept us safe. I am not going to throw this hand towel away. I keep it, and we still use it. Every time I dry my hands on it, I remember that God loves me, and cares about me and my family, and answers our prayers.
1 comment:
I love this story. Thank you for sharing. I love the little reminders (sometimes big reminders) that our Heavenly Father does hear and answer all of our prayers!!
Post a Comment