Little nuggets of conversational entertainment happen all day long at my house. I log them away to share with my husband, and sometimes post the really good ones on my facebook wall. They're just too good not to share. But often they just come and go, and the only one who gets to enjoy them is me. Which is OK. I am the Mother, after all, and I view the parade of verbal hilarity as part of my compensation.
Here are a few recent ones that I just feel the itch to record for posterity and amusement; mostly George, mind you, because he is solidly in that Budding Conversationalist stage.
Me: Look at the stars! Aren't they pretty?
George: No, they're freaky.
George: No, they're freaky.
George (climbing up and sitting on my lap): Where is your bum, Mommy?
Me: I'm sitting on it.
George (taking my braid and pulling it across my face): Look, Mommy! You're a pirate!
George (solidly asleep, as I lay him in his bed) I said no! [mumbled, but still with an exclamation point]
George (hugging Aurora while she screams in his ear and tries to shove him away): Awe, Baby loves me, Mommy!
I'd love to hear the meticulousness stuff the little people in your life are saying. Please share!
3 comments:
Yesterday at swim lessons, I was talking with a four year old boy while he was playing with Isaac. (He had green dinosaur boots on with mouths painted on the toes of them.)
Boy: "I don't know why my boots aren't talking to me today."
Me: "Oh, what kinds of things do they usually tell you?"
Boy: "How do I know? I don't speak boot!"
Duh...
Andrea, that's awesome.
Today's quote was:
Me: "...and we can fix our mistakes."
George: "Fix our snakes?!"
I love the things children say. To this day a 3 year old has said the best meal prayer I've ever heard- "Dear Lord, we pray this food is yummy and does not give us tummy aches".
Post a Comment