Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Heart Belongs Here



The last several weeks have been full to the brim of amazing and wonderful and crazy things. Today was not an exception. After Stake Conference - but before my nephew's baptism - we took some friends to see the new Kansas City temple, and then to the Liberty Jail Visitor Center. We had planned to eat a picnic at the temple, but the landscaping is all young, and there was no shade, so we ate at the Visitor Center. Still, we walked around the temple a bit, and marveled at the beauty of it, and the wonder and blessing of having it here, in our area. The wind was strong, and as I stood gazing up, it snapped the flag around and unfurled it in the other direction.I thought, those are two of my great loves: my God and my country. This is where my heart belongs. So of course I took a picture. I wanted to share it with you, because sharing what I love is another thing that I love.

No comments: