Gingerbread Architects
Every year, on the first Saturday in December, Grandma has a Gingerbread Party. The kids look forward to it for WEEKS. Tragical, things didn't work out for us to be a part of it this year (weather, illnesses, timing...blah, blah, blah). But our Grandma is tenacious and undaunted. She brought the candy and goodies to our house the next Monday, and we did it for Family Home Evening.

Jose and Hyrum and their gingerbread bungalow
Every year, on the first Saturday in December, Grandma has a Gingerbread Party. The kids look forward to it for WEEKS. Tragical, things didn't work out for us to be a part of it this year (weather, illnesses, timing...blah, blah, blah). But our Grandma is tenacious and undaunted. She brought the candy and goodies to our house the next Monday, and we did it for Family Home Evening.

Jose and Hyrum and their gingerbread bungalow
I spent all day making houses (and now I understand why Grandma said she wasn't making gingerbread for everyone anymore a few years back!). Hyrum invited his neighbor friend, Josie, and they worked on a house together. When they were done, it had a Dish Network satellite, a wood pile, a beehive, and more!

George & Faith and their candy shack

George & Faith and their candy shack
I invited the kids from the Academy that are in my Seminary class, since they don't get to have FHE. It was a lot of fun to have them come. I don't know why we didn't think of it sooner!
Me, Sarah, and Eliza
Sarah's house turned out the best, and she was done first. She said she had never done anything like this before. I think she has an untapped talent for gingerbread construction!
Lucy and her place
Mark helped the kids, played with Yvy so I could work on my house, and ate most of the Rollos.
We had the Elders there, too, and they made a hut with a lot of pretzel sticks...it kinda looked like a Kwanzaa hut when they were done. It was awesome. We had a great time, and I even got the Academy kids back to their dorms before the ice storm got bad. But that's a whole new post...



3 comments:
Those are so cute! They turned out great! We are doing ours on Saturday, after we visit the gingerbread displays at the Kanesville Tabernacle and the Winter Quarters Trails Center! Seeing all of your creative children makes me really excited to see my own kids do it!
how fun! you're awesome, girl!
Sounds like a total blast! How fun for you to include your seminary kids too - great evening!
Post a Comment