Let's Hear It For The Sisters!
I'm such a lucky me! I have six sisters by birth, eight by marriage, dozens and dozens by pure serendipity, and a few million world-wide in the Relief Society. I can't even begin to count all the wonderful parts of my life that would be missing or different if it weren't for my sisters. I am a better wife, a better daughter, a better mother because of the support and examples of my sisters.
I am so glad that my own daughters have sisters. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they fight like vindictive little cats. But other times, they are so sweet and caring towards each other.

Eliza, Gabba and Lucy
Lately, Yvette has shown a great affection for Lucy (which shocks me, since Lucy has spent the last year and a half of Yvy's life tormenting her with love and affection that only a [s]mother could give) and Gabba. This is very sweet to me, since Yvy is a bit of a hateful little imp. To see her branch out to other people - besides myself - for friendship and companionship is wonderful.
So here is a shout out to all my sisters. Thank you for who you are and what you do to make this world sweeter.

(back) Me, Chelsea, Georgie
(front) Shiloh, Liz, McKay [sorry, V, I don't know where you were when this picture was taken]



2 comments:
I only have one 'real' sister, but I have many other honorary sisters as well. Love them all.
is this intended to make me jealous? because it worked! :) i've always been bummed about not having a "real" sister. but, as you pointed out, i do have lots of the adopted variety. and i'll take them!
Post a Comment