Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ever Wonder Who Good King Wenceslas Was?

Just who was this man, why do we call him "king" and why do we call him "good"? Now you can know! Karla Akins wrote a story about this man who has been sung about since the carol was written by John Neale in 1853.

The publisher, Knowledge Quest, has decided to give away the story of Good King Wenceslas to everyone who is interested in preparation for the Christmas season. You can download your free copy from this web page. This biography is one of eight that is featured in the book "What Really Happened During the Middle Ages".

Would you like to win a copy of your very own? You can their drawing here and you may be one of three winners randomly selected to receive a copy of the softcover book (not the ebook) delivered via US mail to your mail box.

I LOVE history, especially anything that explains something part of our everyday lives or the source of a tradition. I thought I'd pass this along.

Tell your friends!

1 comment:

Neesha said...

Thanks for the share, Amber!