Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And Then She Was Ten

My Gabriella is ten years old today.


Poor thing, she is also miserably sick. She's been sick for days, but has patently refused medicine (because she's Gabba, and if it doesn't taste amazing, it's not worthy of her taste buds...) unless Mark and I really lean on her. I warned her that if she didn't eat better and take her medicine, she was going to be sick for her birthday. And I was right. We've now have to postpone her party until the weekend.

We would have postponed it anyway, because the original party plan called for sleeping bags, girl talk, hot chocolate and clear skies to watch the Leonid meteor shower that's going on as we speak (it peaks today, even!). But it's all cloudy and rainy-nasty-cold out there, so now I have to throw together an actual party, since the one being hosted by Heaven is, well, on the other side of the clouds.
So, Happy Birthday, Gabriella. Now take your medicine, darnit!

2 comments:

Amber Shoemaker said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Gabba! That's just the pits being sick on you birthday. Hopefully she will feel better soon.

Georgie Girl said...

what a lovely young lady she is becoming! BTW, love that sweater! so colorful & flattering on her! happy b-day Gabba!