Enter Walgreen's! A new one just opened up near us, and I did need to go get some medications to ease Eliza's suffering. So after dropping the the other four Primary kiddos off at the branch building, Eliza and George and I went to Walgreen's. How is this a special treatment? Well, my kids rarely get to go shopping with me anymore. Mark and I do most of the shopping once a month in a five-hour long marathon that involves Excel spreadsheets and clipboards and price checking and no children if we can at all help it. For my shopping-deprived children, going to any store for any reason is a neat occassion, just by itself.
Since it was just Eliza (and George buckled into the card), I let her touch and hold things - which is an unheard of privilege! Here she is, admiring, shaking and winding up all the musical snow globes.
About the time we were out of things to look at, it was time to go back to the Church and pick up Hyrum, Gabba, Lucy & Yvy. So we checked out with our stuff, and went on our way. Eliza felt pampered, and raved about her experience to Lucy (which is the ultimate perk, since usually it is Lucy who relishes in lording things over 'Liza).
No comments:
Post a Comment