Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Friday, February 12, 2010

Time Warp

This photo project of mine is never-ending. But I am enjoying it all the way. It is so fun for me to see the people I love change and grow through pictures. Here is one of my favorite examples, that I came across this morning as I was weeding the duplicates out of Wilson's tag album (started at 315, down to 237 and counting!)

I took this photograph, in southern Utah, at an extended family reunion (the Duckett family, my father's father's mother's line...) in 1993. Wil was just 13 months. Jesh would have just barely 8, and David, at 22, hadn't been home from his mission very long, and had driven down from BYU-I (Ricks, back then) to be there for the reunion.
My mom took this picture in 2007, at the KCI airport. Jesh had spent two weeks at home on leave from Iraq. Wil and Dave went with Mom to see him off and put him on the plane that took him back to Base at the end of his leave.

See what I mean? Time warp: 14 years flies by right before your eyes. It gives me the shivers some times.

Also, I sure do love my brothers!

2 comments:

Shiloh said...

I sure miss those guys.

Mom To Ten said...

Thank you for this memory darling daughter