My lovely sister Liz had her baby girl this morning. She is oh! so glad to be done with the pregnancy. Done, done, done, hooray! ...All except the part where the baby came so fast that she was born in their living room.
Yup, the living room. Nope, they were definitely not planning on that.
I'm not going to steal Liz's thunder. It's not my story to tell (even though it's a good one!), so I am going to show some uncharacteristic restraint and keep mum.
But! I did rush down to the hospital (they went to the hospital and are hanging out there until further notice) this afternoon to hold little Abigail and coo at her and take her picture (over and over and over...she is so soft and sweet and fuzzy, I couldn't help it!).
So I will post the pictures. If you like pictures, stick around. If you are looking for the scoop, you'll have to wait until Liz gets home, and takes a moment - or four - to post it on her blog.
Roll pictures.
Such a precious wee bundle
Meeting the Nana ("hi, Nana!")
So small!
Yes, I have a baby. But she's seven months old. And she was never this small. I love small babies! Mine are all elephants and rhinos.
Baby bed nameplate.
Isn't this a required photo? Do you think if you brought your own cuter, better-made nameplate, the nurses would let you put it up? Would they be offended?
In Nana's arms
Flowers and cards and balloons and teddy bears, oh my!
Lucy was about this size nine years ago!
Lucy wanted to stay and stay and stay. She couldn't get enough of this sweet Abigail.
a-hahahah! She stuck her tongue out at me!
Yup, she's Liz's girl for sure. And that tongue is a family heirloom. Thanks, Grandma.
Nothing like the sweetness of a just-fresh-from-heaven baby.
Liz "the WonderMom" Manley
*big* yawn
Yeah, I think Abigail is done for the day. Goodbye, adoring fans!
2 comments:
Awesome Amber! Thank you for being the shutter bug that you are! Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for taking time out to take pictures!
LOVE these photos!!!!!!! Congrats to you Liz!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment