Once my sisters and I found a diary my mom kept in her teen years. It had one line for each day. She kept it for a couple of years. I remember we giggled over the one thing she chose to record, little snippets about boys and friends and dresses and the sort of minutia that all young women are preoccupied by. I suppose we had never stopped to picture her as a blushing, giggling teeny-bopper...but that's exactly what she was!
Sometimes I wish 15-year-old me could have been friends with 15-year-old her.
Anyway.
I found this 3 1/2 month "multiple choice" diary, it's along the same lines. Personally, it would kill me to keep this sort of diary, because I would have to stop and tell the story behind each blank I filled in. Of course, maybe that's the idea! At any rate, I thought I would share.
PS Any tips on how to fix the uncooperative margins on my blog? I'm tired of the pictures running over into the side column...

No comments:
Post a Comment