
Here is a tribute to two great men who gave us a whole lot more than a federal holiday in February.
I love this quote, from Gordon B. Hinckley in the December 2007 Ensign:
E. T. Sullivan once wrote these interesting words: “When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way. He doesn’t stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home and of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother’s heart, and she puts it into the baby’s mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies.”
I think it is fair to say that applies to George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. It also makes me think about my own babies, and the person I now am because of them. It is true: the greatest forces in the world ARE babies.
2 comments:
Oh, I agree. Babies are not only the best gifts we can be given, they truly are great forces. Great quote - -loved that one.
That is one of my favorite quotes!!! It makes me want to be a better mom so that my children are an example of kindness and integrity!
Post a Comment