Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wandering Around the Blogosphere

You know, the Blogosphere is vast and uncharted. I could wander for days and never find my way out. But I'd be happy the whole time. My children would starve to death, but I'd be blissfully unaware. I try NOT to be sucked in too often or for too long, but I'll admit, that in my current dense prenatal fog, it's something I can do that doesn't make me ill, and doesn't use a lot of energy, needs little-if-any focus, and doesn't require very much effort on my part at all. And it's cool to see what other people are up to and what they're interested in. It stretches my brain and broadens my horizons. Sometimes I learn useful stuff. I'm a bum.

Anyway, I was following links around - as I am want to do - and I found this nifty little linky about caffeine on the blog of my husband's brother's wife's brother-who-lives-in-Hawaii (ha! how's that for a distant relation?). OK, I know there are people who are devout anti-caffeine soapbox preachers, and I know there are people who partake with wild abandon. I personally can't stand the taste of Coke/Pepsi/Dr. Pepper or whatever - I had a bad experience in high school, and it has never left me. But I'm always on the lookout for ways I can improve my health and fitness [with little or no effort, I'll be honest], so I enjoyed this one. Read it. Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Neesha said...

I'm too lazy to update my blog, but your blog is interesting so I'm posting. The article on caffeine doesn't surprise me in the least. I haven't had a soda in so long that I think, well I know, I would gag if I tried to drink any of it. The carbonation is what kills me. Well, I would sit for a longer amount of time, but I fear my legs wouldn’t allow me to get up. I’m at the point in pregnancy where I can’t sit for more than about 15 minutes or I need assistance getting up. And, hubby isn’t here to help. *smiles!* Happy Blogging! KangaMommy

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! And, thanks for the info on caffeine - it makes me glad that I gave it up years ago! :)