Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Friday, June 20, 2008

All In The Family



The Mason Family Reunion in Denver is a tradition from WAY before I was part of the Mason family. Mark's mom's family get together every two or three years, and we spend three days in Denver, hanging out and playing and eating and taking pictures. I didn't take that many this year (and most to the ones I took were with someone else's camera), so I lifted this one off of Cousin Natalie's blog (she is the most awesome blogger!) This photo was taken by Chris Cottam, a Mason "graft-in" just like myself. He's a great photographer, and has the patience of Job...seriously! There were 32 great-grandchildren, remember? It's of the entire clan - although there were still a few people missing, not everyone can make it...we missed the last one, dang it. Anyway, there were over 70 of us there. It is truely "a-mason", as Great Grandpa loves to say. Hooray for Chet and Marylou! They had 3 children, 19 grandchildren, and 32 great-grandchildren, with three on the way (and more grandchildren to get married and add to the family, too!) What an accomplishment! I want to live long enough to get together with my great-granchildren, too. So, can I say, when I grow up, I want to be like ggpa and ggma Mason? Because I totally do!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Gma and Gpa are awesome, aren't they? That was such fun. I totally could care less about 'organized' activities -- I just like eating and hanging out and catching up.

100 Percent Cottam said...

we had such a great time! i have so many memories of doing these for so many years - and it makes me happy that we're continuing the tradition.