I just have to say how impressed I am with my cousin-in-law, Tara Mason. Her youngest son, Ben, is a handful. He had a very rough time at the reunion. Too many people, too many changes, too far out of his comfort zone. But, to watch her take care of him and work with him and meet his needs was to witness true selflessness. She was calm and matter-of-fact and in control (which is WAY more than I can say about myself dealing with my children when they morph into Monster Child). Tara actually ended up spending a lot of the reunion in their hotel room, just to keep him together. I would have been such an angry brat if that were me. She's a way cool Mom.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
The Incredible Tara
I just have to say how impressed I am with my cousin-in-law, Tara Mason. Her youngest son, Ben, is a handful. He had a very rough time at the reunion. Too many people, too many changes, too far out of his comfort zone. But, to watch her take care of him and work with him and meet his needs was to witness true selflessness. She was calm and matter-of-fact and in control (which is WAY more than I can say about myself dealing with my children when they morph into Monster Child). Tara actually ended up spending a lot of the reunion in their hotel room, just to keep him together. I would have been such an angry brat if that were me. She's a way cool Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't she? I'm so proud of both she and Chris for the way they are dealing with Ben and his issues. Selfless is right. They're great parents.
Thanks Amber - that was really nice! What you didn't see was when Chris and I got home and Chris said, "Wasn't that a great vacation?" I said, "Yeah - for you - I spent most of the time babysitting." So, you see, I was a little bitter - I'm not that amazing! :)
Oh, by the way, can you please email me a copy of the photo of all four of us? My new email is taralmason2@gmail.com! Thanks!
Post a Comment