Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Yvy

Last night, during family scriptures, I had Yvette "read" one verse in Alma chapter 5. This is a new thing for her, being able to repeat back a scripture a word or two at a time, and also saying prayers the same way. We're thrilled that she's willing to do it now. Past efforts have been met with blank stares or a brick wall of belligerence. But now she takes it very seriously.


However, I picked a longish verse (I didn't know at the time, because verse 3 started at the bottom of one page and continued on - and on and on - the next page. So, towards the end, she sort of lost focus, and reverted to playing with the little toy frog she had in her hands. So, the verse went something like this: "...establish a church ...in the land ...which was in ...the borders ...of Nephi; yea, the HELP ME! I'M FALLING! AAAHHH! HEEEELLLLP!"
"Yvy, say, 'yea, the land...'"
"Yeah, the land...of Mormon;...yea, and he...did baptize...SAVE ME! I'M FALLING! HELP ME! HEEELLLLLP!" (frog takes a mock dive over stair rail)
"Yvy, say 'his brethren...'"
"His brethren...in the waters...of Mormon."
"Good job, Yvy."
"SAVE ME!! I'M FALLING! AAAHHHHHH"


Yeah, never a dull moment in the land of Mormon, with all those frogs plummeting to their doom.

And then, this afternoon, she climbed up into my lap and put her hands on her my face and said, "I love your face. It makes me happy." (Although in Yvy Speak, it sounded like "love it, face. Happy.") This little girl makes me smile.

2 comments:

Rebecca Blevins said...

That is adorable!

I'm sure there are many frogs in the Book of Mormon that we know nothing about!

Neesha said...

Your little girl makes me smile too! Cute share...