Last Wednesday was Activity Day for Gabba. The group went to a peony farm just outside of town. I have heard about it before, but had never been able to find it. Gina [my good friend/visiting teaching companion/mother to my daughter's best friend/ Activity Days lead] invited me to tag along and take pictures of the Activity Girls as they wandered amongst the flowers. It sounded like my kind of photo opportunity, so of course I said yes.

Doesn't it look gorgeous? This farm ships peony plants all over the region. I had no idea there was such a wide variety of peonies!


Have you ever seen a yellow peony? Me, neither! And look at the SIZE of these flowers:

I don't usually take pictures of flowers, but I thought I would get a few shots of these amazing blooms, to make a collage for the Activity Days bulletin board, and maybe for future use if I need something like that in a project.

Here are the girls, Miriam, Gabba, and Auburn.

It was SO beautiful. Too bad peonies are only in glorious bloom for three weeks out of the season. I would totally drag everyone I know out there for portraits. As it was, the Activity Girls caught the tail end of the splendor. Only three of the girls were able to make it, but the weather was perfect, and the flowers were amazing, and the pictures turned out really well.




Here is Matt, husband of one of the Activity Day leaders. He held George and David, while we did pictures:

And can you tell I am loving the collage function on Picasa?
1 comment:
We try and go every year!! Love this place. Awesome photos!!!!
Post a Comment