Alisha's mother, Shannon, did an amazing job of pulling together all the elements of the reception. It's a good story: Alisha has a set of owl salt-and-pepper shakers that were originally her great-grandmother's (I think?), and she informed her mom she wanted the owls on her cake. Well, then. Shannon dreamed up a whole theme around the owl: birdhouses, owls, trees, green growing grass, with a side helping of burlap, black chalkboards and robins-egg blue. It was lovely. I never in a million years would have dreamed it up. Shannon has talent.
The "Wedding Wishes" tree on the gift table...the little clothes pins were a charming touch.
I happened upon Sarah dancing with Grandpa Mason (who got to join the happy couple in Holy Matrimony), and of course I had to make them pose so I could snap a photo.
This little owl and the coordinating lovely sign were right next to the Wedding Wishes tree.
The favors table (you can't see the basket full of bubbles, for blowing at Nathanael & Alisha as they left)
Chalkboard bags for the kids
Chalkboard favors for everyone else--complete with chalk!
The fun terrarium - made from old, reclaimed windows! - for some more owls, with more grass.
The snacks table--everything was labeled with chalkboards, it was really cute.
The children's table, topped with a chalkboard and decorated with buckets of chalk--Eliza was ecstatic.
Eliza's artistic rendition of Nathanael & Alisha, complete with hearts and angels with halos.
Some of the centerpieces for the tables...and George petting the grass (it did feel pretty cool, in his defense)
One of the trees full of colorful birdhouses from the cake table.
THE cake & THE owls. Also, chocolate covered strawberries, yum! Whomever dipped all of those is my hero
A close-up of the original owls.
More of the cake table. I think it was totally brilliant to have six different cakes: chocolate, vanilla, spice, carrot, etc. That way, everyone could have the cake they wanted, and everybody was happy. As an added bonus, they didn't make the guests wait until the Official Slice of Cake had been sliced and eaten by the newlyweds before anyone else could have any cake. Plus, they were labeled with cute garden spike labels, super adorable.
The throne for the Mr. & Mrs. Very shabby chic. Lovely job, all the way around, Shannon!
3 comments:
Are the pictures showing up on your computer after you post? The last two posts I haven't been able to view the images :(
HOWEVER - I am so glad you guys ALL got to go to the temple! When did
Nathanael get old enough to get married?!?!?! Time sure has flown since I've been away from the Galbraith clan.
Amber, you're so kind with your compliments. It was great to see all the photos, I don't know that I got any myself. I haven't been able to get it together to post anything yet. When I do I'll have to link to your blog as well.
I love that picture Eliza drew!! I am so happy that you got a picture of it! I wasn't sure if any one had...I would love a copy! I love all of your pictures on here. Love you!
Post a Comment