Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gabba Wins!

Gabriella won a 2-liter bottle of soda pop the other day. It was certainly random. Here we were in the grocery store, getting a couple of must-haves, when Lucy experiences an urgent potty-emergency. So Gabba and I stood outside the restrooms, waiting for her. And next to the restrooms was a charity-fundraiser-contest. 

It was a 10-gallon fish tank, filled to the brim with water, but otherwise empty except a shot glass and some random pocket change (would have looked more interesting if there were fish, but oh well). The challenge was "Drop a coin in the cup and win a prize!" (Personally, I think they didn't tell anyone what the "prize" was up front because a 2-liter bottle of pop is not exactly incentive to participate)


We were bored, and Lucy was taking a long time. So I pulled out some pennies and nickels and had a go. I failed. Gabba failed. I failed again, twice. Gabba failed again. And then she won! We were so surprised. No store personal was there, so we had to find someone. They hooked Gabba up with her prize (she responsibly chose the grapefruit flavored stuff, over all the caffeine options), and she left the store in mild bemusement at her good fortune. She even managed to make the pop last until the next day. 

And, because she is Gabba, she plans to use the bottle AND the cap into a couple of nifty crafts: 

Make plastic beads (from Disney's Family Fun Magazine)

Make Plastic Beads
[photo from the magazine's website]

aaannnd :


These cute cushions are as decorative as they are practical.
[photo from craftystylish.com]

No comments: