.jpg)
And the nails are included, and they're even designed in compliance with the Wildlife Conservation Department. It was great. The kids were so excited! And then, a few days later, I pulled out my Box O' Paints and let them go to town. Hyrum let Eliza paint his - partly because he didn't really care about paining it, and partly because I made the egregious oversight of not getting a kit for her, and he's a very thoughtful and caring brother
.
.jpg)
Eliza painting the "bird barn" that Hyrum glued together.
Anyway, I didn't get any pictures of the hammering and gluing, but here are some painting pics. I've got to get them sprayed with some sort of sealer, and then we will hang them in our yard.

We're most excited about the wren house, because there is a little pair of wrens that comes back to our yard and nests each Spring. They are so sweet and so small, and sing the best song of all the birds on the block. All the Backyard Wildlife people say that birdhouses should be in place no later than March 1st, so I should get on that, huh? I crack myself up. I would have never pegged myself for a bird enthusiast, but here I am, shamelessly slipping bird stuff into my life under the guise of stocking stuffers. But, in my defense, the kids LOVE it. And they're gonna love watching for birds nesting in "their" house. Maybe it's not such a bad idea..jpg)
And then, for FHE treats, we broke up the Fatted Chocolate Bunny that's been sitting in the deep-freeze since post-Easter cleanance at Russel Stover's.
3 comments:
Bird houses -- that brings back memories. Math's Eagle Project was to build a zillion bluebird boxes (similar to bird houses I guess) and then place them at an agricultural center. Yours look like great fun!
how fun is that? you guys really rock the fhe!
love this idea. i need to do some bird houses or any crafts for that matter with my kids. they would love it!
Post a Comment