Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas to ALL!
(and to all a Twelfth Night)


I meant to post this during the holidays, but...being the holidays...I never got to it. But I am still experiencing the holidays here at my house. Our Christmas tree is still up, and all the streamers from New Years Eve are still up. It all looks very festive, if you ask me. And I'm a firm believer in Twelfth Night. It's where Christmas traditions like wassailing and the twelve days of Christmas come from. The idea is that Christmas is actually the FIRST day of Christmas, and then for the next twelve days, you party and celebrate and give and enjoy the season, ending on Twelfth Night, which is January Sixth. So, I stubbornly am still in a Christmas Mood. Who's with me?

2 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

i am SO not with you! but i'm happy you're carrying on, just the same. cute pic! nice work!

Jan said...

I think I'd still be in a Christmas mood if this blasted surgery hadn't occurred to mess me up. I love it that you're still celebrating - do some for me! (The foot is hurting and I'm cranky!)