Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still Catching Up on the Holidays
Alrighty. Again, the apology for posting the not-so-distant-past, but I feel like I can't move on with my blog until I've posted Christmas. After all, it was a big deal for us (isn't it a big deal for everyone?). And, I'll admit that sequence is important to me...I'm a little detail-oriented. There's this joke in my family about undiagnosed OCD...

Anyway, so we went to Wisconsin, and stayed with my sister and her family in their apartment. It was crowded-but-fun. We had Wii tournaments and sledding and lots of make-believe with the cousins and lots of talking with the grown-ups, and we stayed up way too late pretty much every night. Good times.

So here are the pictures. I know you'd rather just look at the pictures than listen to me go on and on about the details and particulars of our Christmas (like how poor cousin Talmage was sick on Christmas Morning, and threw up something like four times during the opening of the presents). Personally, I'd rather post pictures and make up witty captions than go on and on about it. Maybe that's why it's taken me until the last week of January to get to it...thank you for your long-suffering patience.


Eliza and cousin Ellie peeking under the tree, as we wait for everyone to assemble.

Eliza: It's all good!

Yvette, (my sister) Shiloh, and me, late at night on Christmas Eve, getting it all ready

Gabba: I'm so excited!

Cousin Ellie, Gabba holding Yvette, Lucy & Eliza

yes, I bought my son a sling-shot for Christmas. I'll keep you posted

My sister and her sweet little family opening their stockings; you can't see the bucket for Talmage under Chelsea's chair...

Lucy, Mark, Shiloh & Hyrum on Christmas morning...what more is there to say?

I love this picture: Eliza got "bee-nock-liars" in her stocking, and they were an instant hit.

2 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

hey, better late than never! looks like good times!

Jan said...

Looks like a great family Christmas -- all those happy faces tell the story for sure.