Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Belly Belles

I am one day from my due date. I am nesting like crazy. I am having contractions. I am trying to get as much done as possible. I am not sleeping at night. I am not really sure I can do this. I am pretty sure it's a little late to feel like that. [I find it mildly comforting that I have the smallest belly in the photograph...]

BUT! I am very grateful for my wonderful, supportive husband (who, just today, fixed the toilet, cleaned the stove, scrubbed the tub and re-caulked the shower!); for my darling mother-in-law who drove all the way up to my house yesterday and spent the whole day helping me get stuff done (and who knitted Yvette's Christmas stalking so I don't have to! Now I just need to finish this one for Squid...); for my friend-and-visiting-teacher, Melanie, who threw me a "mommy shower" instead of a baby shower, because I'm due on my birthday and have plenty of baby stuff for #6, but really wanted to be pampered. She even started a "cash pool" so I could get the shower/birthday gifts I REALLY wanted: flowers to plant in my yard (I ordered English Bluebells, Lilly of the Valley, and a collection of plants for a hummingbird and butterfly flower garden!), and books off of my NINE amazon.com wish lists (haven't done that yet...). What a woman! I have had so many people call and offer to take the children when I actually go into labor. So many friends and family have expressed their love and support and concern. I really am a lucky little lady. I'll try to complain less.

About the photo: Yvy and Eliza were playing on the trampoline. Yvy took the ball she had and shoved it up her shirt. Eliza was inspired and followed the example. Mark had the camera in his pocket, so I hopped up on the tramp (more like, laboriously hauled myself up) and lined up with the so he could take a picture. I think it's iconic.

1 comment:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

thanks for the update...I've been wondering if you've had the baby yet. Sorry I missed your shower, I am glad that it went well. And I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!