Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Etcetera

It's been almost a full month since I posted last. I'm beginning to realize how much I rely on current photographs to keep my blog current. We've had a few adventures lately that deserve chronicling, to be sure. But since I am camera impaired (in SPITE of the fact that we've purchased TWO cameras in the last twelve months!), it has become a blogging stumbling block. So, I'll be doing this in a series of posts, to keep from running on and on and on....

Of course, the last event I documented here was my sister's wedding. As usual, I skipped the true meaning of the event, and went straight to critiquing photographs and discussing sewing details. But what I needed to say was this: Shiloh is the last one of my mother's seven daughters to be married. And she and Andrew were sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. I am so very grateful for her friendship, and for her righteous choices. I have four (currently) daughters who know her and love her and mimic her every quirk. No amount of Mommy-Preach can duplicate the effect her actions have on my girls. Thank you, Shiloh and Andrew.

Of course, the day after the wedding was the twelfth anniversary of my marriage to Mark. We didn't do anything to celebrate. The day went something like this: Mark had Branch Presidency meetings beginning at 8 a.m., so I took him to the church. I went back to the house, got Wilson up and went to the Academy to check him and all his stuff in. Then we ran back to the house to made sure everyone was dressed presentably and fed; crammed them into the van, and went to Church...only a couple of minutes late. Did Sharing Time for Junior and Senior Primary. Took Wilson back to the Academy. Took the kids home. Mark was dropped off later, after his obligations were over, but he left again at 4:30 for the Stake Priesthood fireside on hour and a half away. I took the kids and went to my dear friend, Les Ackman's house, so I could wallow in misery with someone else. My friends Krisitn and Courtney showed up, too (all of our husbands went to the fireside, which is where they should be) and we had a girls night. When the guys got back, we all sat around talking until 10 p.m. Home and to bed. Happy Anniversary. (No, I'm not whining, I'm over that. Just documenting.)

2 comments:

Jan said...

After reading that, once again I am grateful for the close proximity of our church building. I had pretty much forgotten our Indiana experiences where the church was a long way away. You are awesome.

Shiloh said...

I have been away from your blog for a bit so I was delightfully suprised to have four new posts to enjoy. Then there was this. I can't tell you how much it meant to me. Silly I know. Your friendship has meant the world to me and gotten me through so much. I'm delighted that I can be a good example to your daughters and I am so very grateful for your's. There are times when I miss you so very much.