Saturday, September 13, 2008
Drama Queens
Digital photography has changed a lot about my life. Among other things, I am willing to hand the camera to my children and let them take pictures of...whatever. (Mark says this is why we have problems with our cameras, but the kids aren't the ones who slammed a camera in the door of a pickup truck, shattering the display screen and view finder...)
When I get the camera back, there are usually dozens and dozens of pictures of blur and nostrils and interesting clouds and weird bugs. Sometimes, the budding photographer will do a couple of video clips - that camera function amuses them to no end. I delete most of them. But sometimes. Sometimes what I get back is very good.
And often, it is an effectual door into the inner workings of their little minds. On a recent Sunday afternoon, I let the girls have the camera. These are some of the photos that came back. Go on, amuse yourself. And remember: they posed all of these themselves, and took the pictures themselves. I just gave birth to them.
Do these girls have a future as models? Possibly. Will I encourage it? Absolutely not.
Gabba has been in a "fairy-dryad-wood nymph" obsession phase for about a year now. All of her games and make-believe dialogue are keyed into the Faerie World. I think here she's supposed to be a wood-fairy-warrior-girl.
Oh, so much 'tude for a four-year-old! What am I gonna do with her?
That yoga training we did a while back still shines through on a regular basis...
Sassy little angel
Lucy has informed me she's going to be a cowgirl for Halloween. Any idea where I can get some cheap cowgirl boots?
Oh, she is a poser! I think Eliza was supposed to be a warrior-girl-wood-elf also...
Fairy warrior wood elf girls pause before battle to look fabulous for the camera
You work that hat, Lucy Maude!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the picture of Lucy and Yvy... classic. Yvy's expression is so intense! I miss you and your crazy kidlers.
Post a Comment