Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Sunday, October 5, 2008

My First-Born Son

In all the hubbub over our new little George, let it not be forgotten that Hyrum was born eleven years ago, on Conference Sunday, between sessions.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be the mother of this boy. He is smart, compassionate, thoughtful, goofy, creative, and capable. I love his freckles, his dimples, his dumb jokes, his brown eyes, his willingness to hold babies, his frank acceptance of the hard realities of mortality. I am pleased to watch him grow, and his testimony grow, and I can't wait to see where life takes him from here.

Happy Birthday, Hyrum!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Happy birthday to Hyrum! Hope he has a wonderful day.

Neesha said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Hyrum, it's so cool to see how he's grown over the years - really amazing! I love the collage, how did you make it?

Shiloh said...

What am I supposed to do if I cna't get on your blog everyday and read a new story? How are you guys doing by the way?