Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Yvy Moment

Mark snapped this picture on his cell phone camera the day we were all at the park, trying to go into labor (September 17th). He just sent it to my e-mail, so I thought I'd do a post on Yvette, because there is so much to say. A few minutes ago, she came out of my bedroom, saying something about her lips, and grinning very shiny-ly. I assumed chapstick or Carmex or lanolin. But when she went back and came back with shiny eyes, I thought I'd better investigate: she had found Baby George's gas drops, and had used the dropper as a make-up applicator. I cleaned up what she had miss-applied to the clock, the nightstand, and the books on the floor, and explained to her that it was the baby's medicine.

She promptly went in to the kitchen to get her water bottle (which had a carrot sticking out of the top, because she insisted she wanted a carrot for lunch, and helped herself to the bag in the fridge...), spilling it. I grabbed a towel to mop it up, and she pitched in, using her stocking feet. Now, she's all wet (I think she finished off the bottle by dumping it on her shirt and pants...) and standing on the stairs demanding that I help her get a bubble "bapps". "A-monn, Mommy! A-monn!", she says. I think she's poopy, so I'm going to post this and let her have that bubble bapps.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Bubble bapps -- I love it! I need one of those myself.

Life with Yvy is never dull, I'm sure!!