Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lucy's Tragedy

Oh, Lucy. I'm so sorry you tripped and fell down the front steps. I have always been a little nervous about those stairs, and how fast you girls run up and down them. I'm also very sorry that you put such a nasty gash in your knee. I'm not sure if I can mend your Capri's, even though I know they are some of your favorites. Just think, if you had been in shorts instead, your knee would look a LOT worse.
I know it stings, and I know you want a bandage on it. I think that's a good idea. But here is the problem. You keep raiding the Family 1st Aid supplies, and hording all of the bandages in your own private stash. I don't have any bandages left. I am going to need to go to the store here in a little bit. I promise to get another box of bandages.
Until then, keep this cold wash cloth on it, and put this bag of ice cubes on the wash cloth. There are only four ice cubes left in the whole freezer, because you keep taking out the ice trays and eating the ice, and not refilling them and putting them back for next time. So, four ice cubes is going to have to do.

You're gonna be OK, honey. Why don't you sit in this chair over here for a few minutes until you're feeling better. Or maybe you should go lay down. Is there anything I can get you? I mean, besides ice cubes or bandages? Stop eating that ice, Lucy. It's for you knee.

No comments: