Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Is This How I Cook?

In an effort to be more healthy, and to appease the finicky eaters that are my children, I have spent a considerable amount of time recently, digging for recipes and meal ideas on the Internet. And scribbling them down on random scratch paper. Or the chalkboard.

Little children learn by example.

Yvette came to me this morning, demanding that I help her write down her "ingredients", as she had lost her last list of "ingredients". I put my task aside, and agreed to scribe for her. This is what she had me write:

Yvette's Marshmallow Cake

  • 8 cups blue frosting
  • spoon cup sugar
  • 276 marshmallows
  • 4 cups flour
  • 3 pumpkins, you know, mashed up
  • 2 1/2 spoons sugar
  • 5 tablespoons baking powder
  • 2 tomatoes ("Mommy, which ones are the tomatoes?")
  • 5 or 6 eggs
  • 5 minutes for cooking

"Mommy, let's make it when it's my birthday!"

2 comments:

Carolina said...

That sounds like the yummiest cake on earth! You'll have to save me a piece on her birthday.

Shiloh said...

The cuteness threatens to overtake me. What a doll.