Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pizza I Can Handle

I was tipped off to Scribd today by my in-the-know cousin. Why am I the last person to find the neat stuff?  But I can't complain, because eventually someone will point me in the right direction. And whilst poking around Scribd this afternoon, I found a pizza recipe bragging to be ready in 30 minutes, "quicker than delivery!" I had nothing better dreamed up for dinner, so I looked over the ingredients, discovered I have everything on hand, and committed to try it.

My mom-in-law makes really yummy homemade-from-scratch pizza. Actually, I know a lot of people who make really yummy homemade pizza. I love pizza. But I have never EVER made it from scratch. I am afraid of the dough. Really, it's the yeast. Yeast doughs and I have hard feelings toward each other.  Plus, yeast anything takes Advanced Planning and Forethought...both ingredients I never seem to have stocked in my pantry.

I did not make the pizza you see here. Too bad, too, because it looks scrumptious! BUT! My pizzas turned out super-tasty, if not as pretty.  And it really was ready in 30 minutes. In fact, I made four pizzas in less than 45 minutes, start to finish, all with stuff I normally have on hand.

OK, I did make a run to the store for pepperoni, because I didn't feel like cooking up the ground sausage, but Mark went with me, so we got to hold hands and have an uninterrupted conversation, plus I got to see a gorgeous sunset as my reward for leaving the house during dinner prep hour. So I came out even in the end.

Every member of the House of Phogles raved about said tastiness, and gobbled it all up. No pizza bones, even.  Now that is an accomplishment for any pizza, especially a thin crust.  This recipe has earned its place amidst the pantheon of palatable preferences.

1 comment:

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, YUM! that looks amazing.