Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Friday, August 19, 2011

Made the Cut

Aurora cut her first tooth today! I mean, her teeth have been coming and going for weeks now, but one finally made it through. So, hooray for Aurora. And no more chewing my chin, sweetie. Here she is, with her own personal iceberg of custom crushed ice (thank you, Hyrum!) to soothe her poor gums.


And here she is (a couple of days prior) having her first go at vanilla pudding. She started out with a bowl and spoon, but pretty soon she was eating it with both fists. More pudding made it to the tray than her mouth, so she tossed the bowl (and spoon) and just played in it, licking her fingers frequently for good measure. She laughed and wrinkled her nose and snuffled like she does when she is very pleased with herself.


The other children were laughing so hard they almost forgot to eat their own pudding. Almost. She started laughing back at us, and rubbing her hands on her face and in her hair (she likes to pose when she knows we are all paying attention to her).

I had to put an end to the good times when she started enthusiastically smacking her pudding puddle and splattering everything around her, specifically me. It's kind of sad that she's almost ten months old and this is about only the fourth or fifth time she's had to play with "people" food and try out its skin care qualities. I'm so negligent. Breastfeeding is just too easy.


Anyway, we plucked her out of the pudding, and hustled her upstairs for a bath. She was mad, though, hollering all the way through her bath. Either it was really close to nap time, or she didn't want us messing with her vanilla-coated goodness.

But yes, a new tooth. Congratulations, Aurora. Have some more ice.

1 comment:

Aaron and Melissa said...

Congrats to little Aurora on the tooth!! So many more yummy things can be eaten with teeth :) I had that exact high chair until last year. I bought it because the design was 'Celeste' and my sister that died was named Celeste. I enjoyed seeing it on your blog... :)