A-hem. Where was I?
Oh yes. My summer has been so full of fun and interesting and amazing stuff. I feel like my head and my heart have reached maximum capacity, and if I try to cram anything else in, it would be messy. Maybe painful.
I have been M.I.A. in BloggerLand because I've been busy living my life. Also, I've been competing with my kids for computer time. Oh, and it's hard to type while I hold my squirmy, chubby nugget of a baby. Whatever. But today I have several things I really really want to share before they fall out of my brain. Because I have a brain like a spaghetti sieve: it holds the big stuff, but little things get lost all the time.
Anyway, here is the list of awesomeness, brought to me by so many of my amazing friends and family. Thank you all for giving me so much brain food and so many reasons to get lost on "Teh Interwebs." (commence shared link overload)
From Natalie, who shared the fabulous site I Share Printables. Oh me, oh my, I need more printer ink! My favorite one right off the bat was this one from It Works For Me!
And so you know, the enthusiastic and talented Les at {Words of Me Project} is having another amazing giveaway. Go enter it. The stuff she is handing out is glorious. You should probably follow her. You won't regret it.
Can I brag about the photographer we found for our family reunion? Well really, my s-i-l found her, because they are actual friends in real life. Samantha from Woolsey Photography was just wonderful. Being available with only five days advanced notice is the least of her qualifications. Good gracious, what a patient, talented lady! She managed to take our entire group and get us all facing forward at the same time.
Oh my goodness. And she took about 900 pictures (not an exaggeration). I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have our own personal paparazzi for two whole hours. Everyone got to play AND we have pictures to show for it. Heavenly.
The reunion was also heavenly, you should know. It's the reason I fell off Blogger Planet. But I'm back. More to follow.
Also, I made cookies today. Twice. And we ate them. All. OK, we shared with friends, coworkers and fellow board members, but still. Have you ever had Grace's Best sunflower seed cookies?
I never buy cookies at the store, but there was this one time they had them out for free samples.
Beware evil grocery store samples.
I was hooked in one bite. So, so tasty that I hate to complain about how small they are, or how few there are in a bag, or how pricey they seem to be. I've splurged on them several times, only to regret it just as soon as the bag is empty. So I read through the ingredients (uhm, they're healthy), thinking I could try to recreate the magical yumminess. But I'm just too lazy. I checked out CopyKat's recipes to see if she had anything. I ended up at Yum, where there is even more amazing stuff. I want to try all of it. I shouldn't be allowed on recipe blogs, because I go a little crazy. Maximum capacity, indeed! Anyway, Sherri from Yum has cracked the Grace's Best code, and posted it for all the world to love and binge upon. Again, I recommend you give it a try. Although, you may (or may not!) regret it.
I did learn that Grace's cookies have their own
By the way, happy birthday, Georgie Lynn! Love you, sis.
There is more. Of course. There is always more. But if I don't draw a line and publish this post, I am going to just go on and on forever. So. OK. Publishing.



4 comments:
Oh I LOVE those cookies!!! I must haz recipe!!!
Amber, I was at Hyvee went those cookie samples were out too. Yum! I haven't ever bought them, but I am so happy that you shared a link to the recipe! Thanks!
Can't wait to catch up sometime. Glad that you have had a full and wonderful summer. The family picture looks amazing. Getting that many people to hold somewhat still and look forward is miraculous.
I really do love those cookies and I haven't been able to find them since I moved to Washington. I had finally accepted the fact that I would only get them when I visited the mid-west. Darn you Amber, now I am aware that there are recipes out there for them. :)
I L-O-V-E your family reunion picture. How lovely to see you all and how you've added to your beautiful family. Your mummy must be very proud! Chelsea and Verity don't look as though they've aged a day - what's the secret? Looks as though I may be missing out on a great cookie recipe too!
Post a Comment