Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meet the Stradleys

I've been telling that girl for years to 1] marry her best friend (check) and 2] pick not just a great guy but a great family as well (double check). Shiloh done good on both counts. Sandra and Jackie, who is currently the only Stradley grandbaby.

Meet the Stradleys. They're a great bunch of people. They worked just as hard as we did to prepare for the wedding and the reception.
 
Andrew and his dad, Marlo

Marlo and Sandra taking a break from the line.

Sandra (the mom) out-did herself. She coordinated all the hotel reservations, she made Shiloh's wedding dress plus dying dresses for the women in the Stradley clan, plus made the flower girl dress for grandbaby Jackie, not to mention making Shiloh's earrings and necklace (she claims she can't take credit for that, she had too much help). And that's not the half of it.

Andrew's brothers and their wives (and Wilson) tastefully decorated - but did NOT trash - the newlyweds' car

The finished masterpiece, recorded here for posterity.
 
This is Jared, Sarah and Jackie.
 
This is Steven and Tiffany

 
This is little Jackie with her great-grandparents, Sandra's parents, whose names escape me, danggit. I'm very glad to have met the whole tribe.

I think Andrew and Shiloh have great families to get them started on the years ahead.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shiloh said...

Steven Sarah and Jackie and Jared and Tiffany... got those a bit mixed up. Thanks so much for posting these. Andrew and I enjoyed reading and looking at pictures. I tried showing him some of your older funny blogs that didn't apply to him but he glazed over he he he. Said he quit paying attention when it wasn't about him. Cheeky.

Shiloh said...

Oh, and grandpa and grandma are the Treglowns

Sandra Stradley said...

Love the photos! FYI - the granddaughters name is jacqui for short (It is taking me awhile to get use to it too!). My parents are Cliff and Carol Treglown. Let me know about the baby. I have been thinking that you are close!!!!