Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Eliza's Mood

Every party has a pooper. Do you remember that little song from "Father of the Bride"? I remember, at my wedding, it was Mark's brother Nathanael. I have several pictures to prove it. On Shiloh's day, it was my Eliza. No big surprise there. That's just part of who she is. While we were working on the picture below (no small accomplishment, there, I'll tell you: We had girls who wanted to play with rocks, girls who kept giving each other bunny ears, babies who kept running away, girls who wanted to mother other girls...), Eliza did her little passive-agressive disappearing act.
 
I didn't even notice, until we had basically given up on making it fabulous, and were working on just having everyone facing the same direction. That's when we found Eliza at the very far end of the sidewalk near the back of the temple, pouting.
 
Shiloh picked up her skirts, ran all the way down to her, swooped Eliza up in her arms, and carried her back.
 
Have to love that girl. Even as a bride, she was looking out for her nieces and nephews. Eliza loves her so much. Too bad by the time Shiloh talked her into smiling nice for pictures, the other girls were back to eating the rocks, petting the grass, or twirling among the flowers.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jan said...

I love it that Shiloh just swooped down, picked her up and gave her the attention she was dying for . What a sweetie! (and that means both of them.)

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Group photos are such a pain! At least you seized the moment and shot some really cute pictures!