So, this was not very effective. Some of my kids don't even remember it happening. It makes a funny blog, but it doesn't help me with my first-thing-in-the-morning battle. Any suggestions (or amusing personal stories) to share? Please do!
Friday, February 27, 2009
First Hurdle
One of the biggest factors in whether we have a "successful" homeschool day is when the children can haul themselves out of bed (and me, too...I'll be honest). I can put them to bed the night before, but only so early before it's no longer effective. I've tried various ways to get them up and chipper
("bright-eyed and bushy-tailed", as my mom would always say), with varying degrees of success...certainly limited amounts of consistency. One recent morning, Mark had already left for work, I was up, and the wee ones
(Yvy and George) were both in my bed, being cute. So - being Amber - I got out the camera, and took some pictures. This led me to a stroke of inspiration. How would it be if I woke my sleeping beauties up with the camera? Here are the results:
Eliza - my own personal little black rain cloud, under the best of circumstances
Lucy - who for random, unknown reasons, leaves her bed during the night and sets up camp on the heater vent. She has plenty of covers and warm pajamas, I promise.
Gabba - trying to put on a brave face because she knows I'll probably blog about it...smart girl
Hyrum - he's my favorite face on this batch of mug shots. Such a happy child. Those teen years and early morning Seminary are looking more and more fun by the passing month.
So, this was not very effective. Some of my kids don't even remember it happening. It makes a funny blog, but it doesn't help me with my first-thing-in-the-morning battle. Any suggestions (or amusing personal stories) to share? Please do!
So, this was not very effective. Some of my kids don't even remember it happening. It makes a funny blog, but it doesn't help me with my first-thing-in-the-morning battle. Any suggestions (or amusing personal stories) to share? Please do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
my kids have their own alarm clocks...they are responsible for getting themselves up! They seem to like it! Good luck!
I've decided that my car leaves at 8:50 in the morning. If you aren't ready by then, I'm not taking you anywhere for the rest of the day (plus they - well really Daniel- has to stay in his room the whole time he would have been at school). I just tried it this morning for the first time and Daniel was not happy about missing school - hopefully he will remember this tomorrow morning!
Anyhow, maybe you can try something similar but modify it a little to meet your homeschooling needs! :)
When Bryan was working it worked better but we all had to be up at about ten minutes to seven for family prayer. Now that Bry is home (and is NOT a natural morning person) it is a little harder. Sometimes I sing Rise and Shine, the camp song about Noah at the top of my lungs. Even my non-morning children wake happy because they think I am so weird. My children are in charge of their own breakfast and if they have not done morning chores and eaten by 8:30-NO BREAKFAST. Love the pics! I think I will try that sometime.
Post a Comment