I had a gun-free upbringing. My mom lost her first husband in a hunting accident, and my dad lost his trigger finger in an industrial accident when I was seven. So, marrying into a family of BOYS that enjoy firearms has been an education. Because my dearly beloved really likes owning them, and I really like him, we have reached an agreement: it is HIS job to educate our children - because I really like them, too - about the whole guns and ammo deal. Part of that education is learning how to shoot them, and being given opportunities to do so. So, here is my son, Hyrum, with five of his uncles on a sunny Saturday morning, getting a lesson in shotguns, hand guns, and rifles. And how to get those little smooshy earplugs to really work.
Hyrum with his goofy Uncle Jacob, modeling the glamorous earplugs
Uncle Dave showing Hyrum how to hold and aim a hand gun
The whole crew, looking all tough and manly
+082.jpg)
+083.jpg)
5 comments:
It has taken me awhile to get used to guns. I grew up with guns in my house and had one fired AT ME!! So, needless to say...guns are so scary to me. While I don't like them and I don't like my children with them I am grateful that Dave knows how to use them properly and has taught our kids the same. They have never been "fascinated" by guns so they just leave them alone.
Looks like Hyrum and the rest of the boys had a blast. I think I'll show these pics to Dave.
We missed you last night!!
I"m with you on the gun thing. I was raised in a no-gun zone, and Mark and I are on the same page with our own family.
I have to say that seeing Jacob with that gun in his arms makes me nervous!
Jan - yeah, I would have been nervous too, if it weren't for Mark and Caleb and Jesh and Dave. They were so good and hyper-vigilent with him. They made surehe got several turns, and as soon as they were done, they swiftly cleaned everything up and locked it all away again...where it should be.
For the longest time I was afraid of guns until my husband made me shoot his hand gun,that was 6 yrs ago that he made me shoot for the first time. I always used being pregnant and lead factor an excuse before.Then I had Connor and wasn't pregnant and he made me go shooting with him and some other officers out at Mozingo which I had a blast.. Now I really enjoy going and shooting. I am a pretty good shot now. I have shot 3 different hand guns and I think shooting a revolver is my favorite really nice with no kick to it. It actually doesn't feel like a real gun it has so much ease. My boys shot their first gun at age 3 and 4. Yes, they are obsessed with guns, but that is what the gun safe is for:)
I wish I was there. I need to be educated in that and Jarom doesn't own a gun.... yet. He wants, one, but we just haven't gotten one yet. How fun!!
Post a Comment