My sweet little baboon has pretty much out-grown the baby swing. And that's OK. I only have it because a dear sister thought - with the birth of baby #4 - I needed all the help I could get. It's been nice, for the last three babies, but not urgently essential to my mother job. And it takes up a lot of floor space. So, back up to the attic it goes. And I may or may not bring down the baby entertainment saucer while I'm up there. Another gift from someone who figured I had too many babies and not enough empty arms. Not that this isn't true. I'm just not huge on baby accessories. They have limited use, and take up lots of my limited space. I'm not some super-mom baby-furniture-snob. I'm not above using these nifty things if I have access to them - and they have batteries, or are clean, or in the same room, or...
Anyway. I was reading friends' blogs, and blogs of friends' friends, and found this little nugget. I actually did laugh out loud (and still refuse to use the trendy Internet abbreviation for that action).


Anyway. I was reading friends' blogs, and blogs of friends' friends, and found this little nugget. I actually did laugh out loud (and still refuse to use the trendy Internet abbreviation for that action).

Are you sure you don't need this? It's called The Babykeeper. The idea being that, if you're out in public with your bambino, and can't hold in another minute, you have somewhere to put the bundle of joy...I mean, besides on the floor of a public bathroom. And Baby has a perfect view of Mommy. Great visual aide for future potty-training, I'm sure. Get it here. If you really have to, I mean. Personally, I make it a habit of going potty before I leave the house. When I leave the house. If I leave the house.
And while I'm in the mood of openly mocking other people's ideas and marketing techniques, go here for a giggle and the low-down on this beauty:

And if you own and use these child-rearing accessories, and love them dearly, and think they were worth every penny, and are offended by my self-amusing, mocking tone, I apologize openly. But I continue to snicker.
2 comments:
Our local Walmart has seats to buckle your child in while you're going to the bathroom. When I first saw them I totally busted up laughing. However, a few weeks later, I just couldn't hold it any longer and had to buckle Ben into one of them. I guess that's what happens when you mock, so you'd better watch out... :)
Yeah, the bathroom seat-thingys came in handy when Rob was deployed the first time. I took Laina to the bathroom with me everywhere and it was so much nicer to buckle her to the wall while I went potty than to have her crawling or sitting all over the nasty public floors... BUT, as far as all that other baby stuff, I agree with you, it takes up too much room and it's really not necessary. (I hope these words don't come back to haunt me.)
Post a Comment