Monday was absolutely shaping up to be one of those days. The house was a wreck after the weekend (we spent two days in Kansas visiting Mark's sister, Rachel, and her family...more on that later). My dryer was still broken so we were backed way up on the laundry (yeah, with six kids, two of whom are in cloth diapers, I have to do two or three loads a day just to keep up), with the few loads that were clean hanging all over the house and driving me to distraction. Eliza had twisted a comb up in her hair, and I spent 20 minutes getting it out. There was shredded Mozzarella cheese dumped on the floor in the kitchen and pencil shavings dumped on the floor by the bathroom. George, my usual sunny, happy baby was sad, sad, sad, and no amount of nursing, patting, or pacing would cheer him up.
Enter Mark. *sigh* He's wonderful. Even though he's swamped at work, and tired from long nights of George and Yvy, and his knee is achy and painy because his non-refillable prescription is gone, he is still amazing.
He came home from for the lunch hour, promptly went to the basement to work on the dryer. When he got that done, he took George from me and held him and paced with him and cheered him right up. I don't even care that he was doing all the same stuff I tried, and George didn't cheer up (or go to sleep) for me. I'm glad he pulled it off.
By the time he went back to work, the day had turned into a good one. The dryer: all fixed and fabulous. The children: happy. The mommy: relieved and revived. I mean, the house is still a mess - gonna take a lot more than one lunch hour to get that taken care of - and George is still fussier than normal. But my honey came home and slayed my dragons and told me how wonderful I was. He complimented my cooking, he loved up the grumpy kids, and when he left, we all felt better.
5 comments:
It must be those Galbraith men we married. Jarom is the same way. He saves me, saves the kids, and doesn't care if we have cereal for dinner. he'll still say it was delicious. Way to go Mark. And way to go Amber for doing cloth diapers. You are a saint. That is something I won't do unless they bann the paper ones. So that adds to your list of amazingness.
There's nothing like a wonderful husband and daddy, is there? I feel so blessed, that's for sure, and I know you feel the same.
These Mason/Galbraith men are good ones.
That is one super hubby!!:)
Wow, that's sweet. Glad your day turned out to be better than you thought.
I can't even begin to imagine the frustration you were feeling, but I'm so glad Mark was instrumental in helping you turn the day around, Yay! I wish you a better tomorrow!
Post a Comment