Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Thursday, January 15, 2009

CPSIA again

OK, not to flog the issue. But here are two places that outline and discuss it better than I did. I am truly concerned about this one, as I know and love many people who will be deeply affected by this. And what about my small town library? I'm learning that this is going to affect books, school supplies, clothing, bicycles, and so much more than just toys that are imported from China. And it's retro-active. All non-compliant inventory is ordered by law to be destroyed. How wasteful is that? What about the impact of dumping it all in the landfills? This is just an ugly, legislative mess.

So, go here and here to further educate yourselves, and take some action. Maybe post something on your blog, and urge your readers to take action as well. IF everyone in the blogging community said something to their Representatives, you know our voices would make a difference. Go here to find out who your senator and congressman is and how to contact them.

1 comment:

Shiloh said...

I've made three good long posts... enjoy!