Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Eliza Rose: We Love Her So

She is so much fun and spunk and personality, all squished into a tiny little body. It's funny, because Yvy is 22 lbs., and Eliza is 28. She's so puny. We call her our Scrawny, Tawny 'Liza. Last night, whilst I was at a Seminary Faculty training meeting, Mark had all five of our kiddlers, plus five more he volunteered to watch for another family. As a thank-you, the mom gave us an apple pie and each kid a balloon.

This morning, Eliza came to my, sobbing with grief. She had taken her balloon outside, and it was now caught in a tree. Could I climb the tree and get it for her? She begged. But the tree was a tall one, with no branches within ten feet of the ground...the balloon must have been 15 feet up. Then the wind blew, and the balloon was free and on its way out of sight. Eliza cried ad cried. "Mommy, I want Heavenly Father to get my balloon from His house and bring it back to me!" What a girl.

Later on, she came to me and shared this nugget of wisdom: "Mom, some M&Ms are called Skittles, and some M&Ms are called chocolate."

She's so funny! What a personality. As I type this up, I'm sitting in what she calls the scribble chair (because she can't say swivel). How can you not laugh?


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan said...

She's a sweetie! All I can think of is Maya's comment when Mason's balloon flew off -- "I guess it's off on a great adventure!" Maybe that will help Eliza!!