Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Shockingly

Well, amazingly, I am posting again in the same calendar year. I feel pretty good about that. Unfortunately, I have no fabulous pix to put up along with this post, because on Friday, when we went to the OB ward to see my sister and her new baby (and return the 2 year-old we were babysitting for them), Hyrum dropped my camera in the parking lot. It's been dropped before, dozens of times. But this was the final blow, apparently. *sigh* It's a two-edged sword, though. On the one hand, I can't take any pictures of the cute and heinous things my children do until I get a new one. On the other hand, now I have to get a new one. Mark has promised me one before Halloween. He's been saying we needed to get me a new one for months and months, but it's kinda low on the priority list - after food, fuel and shelter, etc. Also, he wants to get me a really nice (read: price of a small car) one this time. The one that just died was five years old. We bought it in the weeks before Baby #3 was due, because I put my foot down and insisted we needed photographic documentation of her birth. We got a Kodak digital point-and-shoot at Wal-Mart for $200-somthin'. I remember that I was so excited, because it had 3.5 mega pixels.

So, the long and short of it is this: 1) I have no camera 2) I'm getting a new camera! 3) Liz had her baby. And yesterday, Eliza came up to me and said, "Mommy, let's pretend. You be the frog, and I'll be the lion, and we stole all the balloons." Oh, OK. That makes perfect sense.

3 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Yea, Liz had her baby! Congrats to them. I hope everything went well. Get on that new camera thing....they are great! :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

no stealing balloons, amber! eliza should know better! :) good luck with the new camera. i'm wishing for a new point and click. mine works okay, but the screen is completely cracked. but it works. and that's what matters.

Jan said...

Funny how that works, isn't it? Food and shelter come before new cameras!! Sigh. Hopefully you'll get the new one soon.