I'm fairly secure in my choice to nurse a kid that has teeth and can walk, just like I'm confident in my decision to wean her before she can ask for it in a full sentence. Yesterday, I made a trip to the store specifically to buy Weanie Food. The other kids feel picked on and deprived, since Yvy gets a bunch of nifty foods and yummy snacks that are off-limits to everyone else. I'm being a little militant about it, I suppose, but I'm not exactly emotionally detached from the situation:
Yvy is a rude nurser, and I want my body back!... Not that it will last long. I know Baby No. 6 is floating around up there somewhere. But if I only get to wear clothing without stretchy panels or easy-access flaps for three months, I will feel more like a person again, and less like a dead mommy.
Is this too personal to post on a blog? I am pretty candid about this sort of thing. Sorry about the TMI. Having said all that, I am here to announce that Yvette just went down for her afternoon nap WITHOUT nursing. I can't tell you what a major victory that is. It was a little tricky, but it worked. *sigh of relief* I just might pull it off.


2 comments:
I did not realize how grown up Yvette is. She looks so big, it will be fun to see her this next weekend.
Ruth
yeah, girl! i'm all for nursing, too, but there is something about not having your body belong to anyone but you for a little while! congrats on another milestone. we'll be waiting to hear about #6! :)
Post a Comment