Pages


raising my own personal mongolian horde

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Combing Through My Archives

In the past, I have been very meticulous about my pictures: I clearly lable all of them, I sort them into appropriate folders, I edit them, I back them up so if a malignant virus fries my hard drive, me dearly beloved photographs are safe from harm.

 

Hyrum

But the last several months (uhm, actually over a year), I just haven't been able to sit in front of my computer for the long hours necessary to do all of this. I'm a little freaked out by it, to be honest. Not only does it bug me that they're not organized the way I like, but the not backed up thing makes me nervous. Ugh.

 

Gabba

Plus, I am about to have SIX KIDS in (checking the ticker) 73 days. It's not like I'm going to suddenly have more time on my hands, right? So, I'm trying to go through my house and finish some of the projects and clean up some of the "no time to be organized" piles, so that when Squid makes his Grand Entrance, I'm a wee bit better prepared.

 

Lucy

Anyway, going through pictures and what-not (yeah, I still haven't finished the stuff from vacation, don't worry, I will be posting more), I found these quirky pics of my quirky kids. I love my children. I'm so glad they're as *ahem* atypical as they are.


Eliza

I thought I'd share, because they really are my pride and my joy, my hobby and my money pit. I'm glad I have pictures to show what I do with all my time, talents, money and energy, because I get a kick out of people's reactions to my kids. It's very validating, and since I'm a full-time Mom, isn't it OK to have just a touch of "professional pride"?

 

Yvette

3 comments:

Shiloh said...

Gosh I really do miss you guys and your kiddos. Thanks for all you do and for helping to keep so many of us Pipkin's sane! I really like the picture of Lucy :) and Yvette... classic.

Jan said...

Loved the picture -- I feel a lot like you do with 'needing' them to be in order and all organized.

Chris and Tara Mason said...

That picture of Lucy is hilarious!