So, I guess my raising my own little stinker is just carrying on the family honor. I need to get a figurine of my own, so I can remember to keep it all in perspective.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Such a little stinker!
This weekend, I got to hang out with my Mom a bit - which I normally don't get to do - and catch her up on my life, and catch up on hers.
I was telling her what an absolute two-year-old Yvette is, and how much mischief, and what a bossy little thing she can be. In a word, a little stinker.
It pains me to say it, but sometimes it's only her good looks that save her. My mom laughed - a typical reaction from her, as she listens to one of her ten children retell stories of parenting woes. Then she told me the following story about my grandpa, that I had never heard:
When she was a girl, there was a gas station chain called Little Stinker, and it's logo of course was a skunk. Well, Grandpa got (won?) a Little Stinker skunk figurine. And sometimes, when he was packing my mom's lunch for school - she said it was always a bologna sandwich - he would take a bite out of it, and put the skunk in her lunch box, and say, "that little stinker did it!" Apparently, Grandpa was a jokester. I never knew. Anyway, my mom has always had a little skunk figurine around. I don't think it's the original, but she has one (currently in with her collection of miniature lambs) to remind her of her dad and his antics.

So, I guess my raising my own little stinker is just carrying on the family honor. I need to get a figurine of my own, so I can remember to keep it all in perspective.
So, I guess my raising my own little stinker is just carrying on the family honor. I need to get a figurine of my own, so I can remember to keep it all in perspective.
Labels:
Amber,
Family Stories,
our amazing extended family,
Yvette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
She is just the CUTEST!!!
that is such a fun story!!
That's a great story. I remember that gas chain -- it always made me smile when I saw it. I love hearing those kinds of stories -- makes you feel closer to those family members.
Ha Ha Ha I knew the lil stinker story and you didn't! Mom does love me more ;)
I love that story of your grandpa! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment